I had the great pleasure to perform as part of the Eulerroom Equinox live coding event yesterday. It has been an amazing four days of live code streams from around the world and I’m grateful to the organizers for their incredible work putting this all together. Bravo to everyone and thanks to all of the incredible performers and presenters, very inspiring!
Live coding organ rhythms using hex, osc, shift, and mod.
Live code music session using hex beats, event-rate oscillators, bitshifts, and modulus operations.
Live coding session using bitshift patterns for rhythms and melodic contours.
Meditative live code music session using recent experimentations with modulating modulus values.
A meditative set using melodic bitshift and hexbeat patterns. Bitshift patterns use calculations such as:
(inum >> (inum & 7)) % 7
Live code session using csound-live-code and https://live.csound.com.
Initial code happens for about 2m40s, then sound begins.
For those interested in the code, the session uses:
1. start UDO for working with the different always-on instruments
2. vco2 square wave for enveloping (has a nicer quality to it than
using lfo with type 3, IMO)
3. portk for frequency glide
4. chnset for immediate setting of a channel value as part of performance
5. chnset within an always-on instrument (“Mod”) together with k-rate
randh to show how to approach using continuous values with channels