A study of class synthesis technique of using an impulse generator with resonant filter. Implemented using Csound with:
- gbuzz opcode for bandlimited impulses
- zdf_2pole for band-pass filter with high Q setting; filter center frequency swept with exponential envelope
- Additional declicking and exponential envelope use to shape gesture
- reverbsc opcode used as always-on reverb effect
- Temporal Recursion Player instrument used to randomly initiate gesture playback with various, slightly randomized parameters
Special thanks to Eugenio Giordani and Alessandro Petrolati for discussion of VCS3 implementation in this paper, which inspired me to use gbuzz as the impulse generator for this example.