Download Csound CSD Project here
Further explorations into resonant impulses. This version is modified in two primary ways:
- Additional band-pass filters used to add resonance to the impulses
- Gesture generator parameters further randomized to get larger range of textures to listen to.
The zdf_2pole bandpass filter is once again used here, but using mode=3 (Unity-Gain band pass) is used for the second two filters in the series.
Download Csound CSD project file
A study of class synthesis technique of using an impulse generator with resonant filter. Implemented using Csound with:
- gbuzz opcode for bandlimited impulses
- zdf_2pole for band-pass filter with high Q setting; filter center frequency swept with exponential envelope
- Additional declicking and exponential envelope use to shape gesture
- reverbsc opcode used as always-on reverb effect
- Temporal Recursion Player instrument used to randomly initiate gesture playback with various, slightly randomized parameters
Special thanks to Eugenio Giordani and Alessandro Petrolati for discussion of VCS3 implementation in this paper, which inspired me to use gbuzz as the impulse generator for this example.